8:00am - 5:00pm
203.458.4200 Guilford Office
203.288.1623 Hamden Office
When Home Care Makes Sense
VNA Community Healthcare brings calm and focus to the turmoil that surrounds a family healthcare challenge. But, how do you know if home health care makes sense for your patient?
Home health care services provide assistance in a wide variety of situations:
- Discharged recently from a hospital or rehab center and ordered by a doctor
- Need a medical procedure at home (wound care, injections, etc.)
- Have worsening symptoms of a chronic illness (such as diabetes or heart failure)
- Need help coping with new diagnosis, medications, treatment plan or diet
- Recent history of falling
- Frail elderly person with multiple problems who needs help to stay independent
- Have wounds or sores that won’t heal
- Received orders from their doctor to be checked frequently for a changing condition
Our goal it to provide patients with this type of care in the comfort and security of their own homes. Patients like:
- Martin, who has a decubitus ulcer and needs regular wound care
- Felicia, an 80-year old with dementia who forgets to take her medications
- Judith, a CHF patient with increasing edema who needs monitoring • Jacob, an 83-year old who has fallen at home
- Kevin, a cardiac patient with new hypertensive and lipid lowering medications
- Kathleen, who recently had joint replacement surgery and needs physical therapy
By referring to VNA Community Healthcare, you have a professional team working with you in the care and monitoring of your patients. Our work together ensures the best care for patients in the comfort of their home, promotes better results, and prolongs patients’ independence.
Helping Bob and Mary Anne continue living at home is our goal
Maggie's nurse, Donna, and home health aide, Sue, are the help she needs at home.