8:00am - 5:00pm
203.458.4200 Guilford Office
203.288.1623 Hamden Office
How Physicians Get Paid for Signing Care Plans
We know, as well as you do, that there is a lot of work involved in ordering and coordinating home care for Medicare patients. Did you know Medicare will pay you for your efforts?
Physicians can get paid for each initial certification and for each recertification for patients. Here’s how:
- Bill Medicare for certifying a 60-day home care episode.
- VNA Community Healthcare puts an orange “Medicare Episode” sticker on the Plan of Care (Form 485).
- Bill the initial certification with Code G0180.
- Bill for recertification with Code G0179.
- There is a Medicare co-pay for physician certification billing, but Medigap plans usually cover it.
- Submit the VNA Community Healthcare provider ID with the claim.
For more information, please call 203.458.4232.